Thursday, September 3, 2009

Gramma Maggie McCrow...... oh the stories she tells!

9-3-09 ~ So as of today I have decided that over the last 6 years that I have spent nearly everyday with my Gramma, caring for her, I need to begin writting down all of the interesting stories she tells me! I am so lucky to be the recipient of her stories, mostly funny, some serious, and a few sad! I do regret not starting this 6 years ago, but I am hoping as I type and reflect, and with the fact that she tends to repeat her stories over and over again, that I will be able to catch up quickly and share with my family and the world MY Grandma Mags! (side note, I am NOT a writer, and never will claim to be, so I hope somewhere in my jumbled up thoughts and stories i will write, you can grasp a sense of my Gramma that I so wish to share!)

To start with a little background: My Grandma Maguerite Lucille McCrow is the strongest Lady I know! She has 11 children, and raised most of them as a single mom after her husband left her when her youngest child was merely a baby! She shared with me that she still remembers the day he left, saying he told her "I am leaving you, I don't love, I don't hate you, I feel nothing for you!" when she asked him "what am i going to do," He told her "I don't know, I'm sure you'll figure it out," and then he left! During the 60's it was very unusual, and even frowned upon for someone to be single mother, let alone a single mother to 11 kids! But she did it, and endured and raised 11 very successful children! All of her stories, wisdom, laughs and love stem from this very moment as her life changed to a course that she never imagined she would take! But as she states often she wouldn't change any of it!

As I'm sure I will refer to people by name and assume all will know who they are, the 11 McCrow kids are as follows : Gale(6), Sam(5), Peggy(2), Bobbie(2), Joe(4), Pat(3), Carol(6), Richard (5),Ted(3),Sally(3), Andy(3)~ The numbers next to their name=the # of children they have! Grandkids to Maggie=42 She then has 28 Great Grandchildren with 3 on the way! Our Family is LARGE, and we LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment